Happy New Year 2018 everyone, though a week late 🙂
As promised I thought I will make at least one post every month.
So today it is Rasam, one most favorite recipe in Tamil household. Easy to make.
- Tamarind Juice – 1.5 cups(soak a big lemon size tamarind and get juice)
- Salt — according to taste.
- to grind
- Garlic — 6 to 7 pods
- Tomato – 1/2 large
- Corriander seeds — 1 tablespoon
- Toor daal — 1.5 tablespoon
- Black Pepper — 1/2 table spoon
- Cumin Seeds/ Jeera — 1/2 tablespoon
- to temper — oil – 1 tablespoon
- Oil — 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Urad daal – 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves — few
- Cumin Seeds/Jeera – 1 teaspoon.
- onion — 1/2(optional)
- to garnish
- Cilantro leaves — few
- Have tamarind juice ready.
- In a pan dry roast toor daal, corriander , black pepper, cumin seeds separately and allow it to cool.
- Chop tomato, and garlic. Add the above roasted items aling with this and grind it to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, once hot add items in to temper.
- If adding onion saute well, add the ground paste.
- mix well and then add tamarind water and salt.
- Check if froth starts coming up. If so stop cooking. Add cilantro leaves and garnish. Serve with rice.