When I get loads of veggies, on Sunday I opt for vegetable fried rice. My hubby would not want to use soy sauce. So here is a very interesting version with the usage of vinegar. It tastes awesome. My hubby gave me this recipe. We both love it. Hope you will also enjoy this.
Rice : 2 cups
Onion : 1/2 of a large finely chopped (yellow onions will go great)
Carrot : 2 small
Beans : 10 numbers
Green Bell Pepper/Capsicum : 1/2
Cauliflower : 4 to 5 florets
Peas: 2 to 3 tablespoons (I use frozen)
Spring Onion : 1 strand
Apple Cider Vinegar : 6 tablespoons (Normal vinegar would also work)
Salt : as required
Black Pepper Powder : 1 tablespoon
Oil : 2.5 tablespoons
Cinnamon Stick : 1 small
Bay Leaf :2
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
- Chop all the vegetables to small pieces.
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan. When hot add cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, cloves, cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add onion, saute for 2 mins.
- Next add carrot, beans and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add bell pepper now, saute for another 2 mins.
- Finally add cauliflower, frozen peas saute it. Mix black pepper powder, salt.
- Now add vinegar and mix. Let all the veggies cook. Finally add the spring onions cook for 2 mins.
- Once all the veggies are cooked. Reduce the heat to low.
- Mix the cooked rice.
- Once all the veggies and rice gets mixed, check for salt. If needed add more and mix.
Serve hot 🙂 I like it simple raita, you can also make gobi manchurian.
For all other rice varieties, please click here