Happy Diwali everyone 🙂 This year being the first year for my daughter, it is quiet special. But these days I am rarely getting time. Preparing day to day food with her is getting challenging.Even if I prepare something taking picture is time consuming 🙂 So I made this quick laddo. I try to include millet in my diet as they are rich in iron. This is a basic poha laddo, with the addition of millet.
Little Millet/Samai : 1 cup
Poha/aval/Beaten Rice : 1/2 cup ( I have used red poha here)
Dalia/Pottukadalai : 1/2 cup
Sugar/Jaggery : according to your taste ( I used jaggery)
Ghee : 1/4 cup
Cashews : 10 to 15 numbers
Milk : 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Dry roast little millet/samo, poha, dalia and grind it to a fine powder.
- If you are using sugar grind it to a fine powder as well. I used jaggery, so I made a syrup and heated it.
- Heat ghee in another pan, roast cashews.
- Add ghee, jaggery syrup to the powder and mix.
- Heat milk and mix with the above.
- Form round balls when hot. If needed add more ghee.
As we are adding milk, this needs to be refrigerated. Stays good for a week.
Once again Happy Diwali 🙂