These are the easiest and very tempting energy bars. A very healthy bar. Adapted this from my friend Charanya @ Yes I am Vegan. She had posted it long back, recently I made these with few changes.Thanks Charu for such a wonderful recipe 🙂 For sometime now I had been feeling little lazy and easily get tired. These bars are quite amazing. Very tasty and gives a lot of energy. Though they are a bit high on the carbs because of the nuts, eating in moderation helps a lot. The most inviting part is , it is no cook, no bake and sugar free 🙂 So here we go…
Dates : 1 cup(de seeded)
Dry Figs : 7 to 8
Cashews : 1 1/2 tablespoons
Almonds : 1 1/2 tablespoons
Walnuts : 1 1/2 tablespoons
Chia Seeds : 1 tablespoon
Poppy Seeds(Khus Khus) : 1 tablespoon
Raisins : 3 tablespoons
Cacao Powder : 1 tablespoon
- In a food processor add dates, cashews, almonds, walnuts, chia seeds and process till all of them combines well. I made it to a coarse one.
- Take it in a bowl, add raisins poppy seeds and cacao powder and mix well. Raisins would have some water content which would bind with the others.
- In a tray, place a parchment paper, place the above mix and press it tight. Bring it to the desired thickness.
- Pop it in fridge for 12 hours. Then cut them to slices as bars.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge.
I am having 1/2 bar in the morning and half after workout in gym. This is simply energetic and tastes awesome 🙂 Easy to make as well!!!