When my friend Vidya posted on Guacamole sandwich, I gave it a try and they turned out to be a super hit at my home. My hubby prefers this for breakfast, today its going to be a slightly different version. Easy and very tasty rolls they are.
Bread Slices : as per need (I used whole wheat bread)
Butter : as needed to toast
Avocado : 1 medium ripe
Onion : 2 tablespoons chopped
Tomato: 2 tablespoon chopped
Jalapeno : 1 cut in to small pieces
Black Pepper Powder : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon Juice : 1 teaspoon
- Slice avocado and remove the pulp.
- Smash it with a potato masher.
- Add onions, tomato, jalapeno, black pepper powder, salt and lemon juice with mashed avocado.
- Mix well and set aside the guacamole.
- Now cut the edges of the bread and roll them to thin stripes using rolling pin. Elongate the bread.
- Now place the guacamole and fold the bread slice to rolls. At the edges seal it with little guacamole, so that it does not come out of shape.
- Heat a griddle, add some butter when the butter melts, place the rolls and even spread the butter all around the roll.
- Cook till golden brown.
- Stop and serve with ketchup 🙂
We usually have it for breakfast, this would be great for evening time snack as well.