Happy Deepavali to everyone 🙂 My celebrations would go less if I don’t have any laddoo 😛 So I was wondering which laddoo to prepare. For the usual mothichoor laddo I don’t have the laddle to prepare. So I decided to make something different. Here is Quinoa laddoo…Because of its gluten free nature, I couldn’t bind it at all. Then found the trick from here and these are the lovely healthy laddoo’s 😀
Quinoa : 1 cup
Jaggery : 1/2 cup(can be replaced by sugar)
Ghee : 2 tablespoons
Water : 1 tablespoon
Milk : 1/4 cup (any kind I used whole milk)
- If you have pre washed Quinoa proceed to step 3
- If it is non pre washed Quinoa, wash it thoroughly for at least 4 to 5 times. Drain the water. Spread the quinoa seeds over a kitchen cloth and dry it inside home. (no directly sun drying) I left it for a days time.
- Next grind quinoa to Suji/Semolina consistency.
- Heat ghee in a pan. When it hot enough add the grinded quinoa and roast it in slow flame.
- Roast till it turns nice golden brown and the raw smell goes off.
- Stir continuously to get uniform roasting.
- In another pan heat jaggery with water till it dissolves.
- Filter out for any impurities and mix with quinoa.
- Warm up the milk and with the above.
- Form a nice dough. As quinoa is gluten free, it does not hold together. So milk helps in binding.
- Now form balls with it by applying little ghee in the palms.
Now quinoa laddoo is ready 🙂