Quinoa has now become a regular food for us. I prepare this at least once a week. My hubby had some team party and I had to prepare lunch just for me. It is a difficult task isn’t it? cooking only for our self ahh, I don’t like this but yet have to… Today I prepared it in a little different way than the usual way I prepare it. I actually don’t know what to call this recipe 😛
Some health benefits of Quinoa:
- It is Gluten free.
- Highly rich in protein.
- High in Fiber.
- Rich in Iron, riboflavin, magnesium.
Here is the recipe, let me know what you think friends…
Quinoa : 1 cup( I had mixed red and white, we can use either of them)
Mixed Veggies : 1/4 cup (carrot, peas,beans,corn I used the frozen one)
Tofu : 10 to 12 cubes(firm)
Yogurt: 1/2 cup
Onion: 1/4 of a large
Oil : 2 teaspoons
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Pepper powder : 1 teaspoon
- Soak Quinao for 1/2 to 1 hr.
- Place Tofu cubes in a tissue paper and cover on top also with another tissue paper, so that water in it is absorbed.
- Cook Quinoa with 2 cups if water for 1 portion.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan and saute Tofu until golden color. Keep it aside.
- Heat another teaspoon of oil, add cumin, fennel seeds. When they change color add onions and ginger garlic paste. Let it turn translucent.
- Add mixed veggies.Cook for 5 to 6 mins.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Salt and pepper. Optionally we can add garam masala powder. Cook for 3 to 4 mins. Stop and cool.
- Mix quinoa, stir fried veggies, cilantro leaves and yogurt. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to this mix.
Now it is ready 🙂