Kesari, Mango Dessert Recipe, Mango Kesari, Mango Semolina Pudding, Rava Kesari, Semolina Dessert, Semolina Kesari, Semolina Pudding
First Birthday after marriage is something special and my hubby made it very special for me 😀 He made it a wonderful day today 🙂 With lots of wishes pouring in and after the 7 day GM diet , I am back to the normal routine. As he already got a lovely cake , I didn’t prepare any cake. So made it traditional. Kesari/Semolina Pudding is usually a traditional dessert made all over India. To make it a little special I added Mango puree 🙂
Semolina/ Rava : 3/4 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup ( I added dark brown sugar)
Clarified Butter /Ghee : 4 table spoons
Cashews, Almonds, Raisins : Few
Water : 1 1/2 cup
Mango Puree : 3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat Ghee of 1 tablespoon in a pan.
- Add the cashews and almonds.
- When they change color add raisins.
- When raisins pops up keep these nuts and raisins aside in a bowl.
- Heat 2 more table spoon oil.
- Mean time heat water in a separate pan.
- Add the Semolina/Rava and roast it in ghee.
- When a nice aroma rises, add the boiling water.
- Mix well and stir continuously. When the semolina gets cooked add cardamom powder.
- When it is semolina absorbs water completely add sugar.
- Sugar will leave water, mix well.
- When Sugar is also absorbed well, add Mango Puree and if needed add some more ghee and mix well.
- When everything mixes well add the roasted nuts and raisins.
Now its ready 🙂
To make it much richer, you can add milk 1/2 portion instead of water. Also Saffron can be added. Dark brown sugar changed the color to a little brownish, you can use normal sugar instead.