Recently I tried this Tofu burji and it tasted awesome. A vegan option instead of egg burji and paneer burji. Tofu is high in protein, so vegan friends have this wonderful option. Though it doesn’t have the same taste as paneer, I prefer Tofu over paneer because of he health benefits.
Tofu : 1 pack(any kind would work, I used regular Tofu)
Onion : 1/2 of a large
Tomato : 1
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Oil : 2 teaspoons
Mustard seed : 1/4 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : few
- Drain water from Tofu, squeeze of excess water and place it in a tissue paper. Leave it for 10 mins. Again squeeze well and scramble it with palms. Keep aside.
- Chop onion and tomato.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds when they crackle add curry leaves.
- Next add onion and ginger garlic paste. Saute for few mins.
- Next add tomato and saute. After few mins add red chili powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well.
- Saute for few more mins, if needed add some water.
- Then add the scrambled tofu and mix. Saute for 5 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Goes well with roti 🙂