Temperature dipping down, makes me feel like having pakora’s/ pakodas 🙂 Have a huge pack of spinach , so thought of preparing pakora and did not want to have the deep fried one’s. Ever since Vidya posted her Onion Pakora, I wanted to try the same way. So all credit goes to my dear friend 🙂 Completely a guilt free snack for tea time which tastes awesome 😀
Baby Spinach : 1 1/2 to 2 cups packed
Chickpea Flour/Besan/Garbanzo flour : 1/2 cup
Rice Flour : 1/4 cup
Asafoetida/Hing: a generous pinch
Ginger : a small piece finely chopped
Ajwain/Carom Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Water : as required
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
oil : 1/4 teaspoon
Baking Powder : 3/4 teaspoon
- Mix Besan, rice flour, red chili powder, pepper powder, salt, ajwain, hing together.
- Chop baby spinach, ginger and mix with flour.
- Spinach would have some water content, so it is better to mix with flour before water.
- Add water slowly and make batter. Make sure the batter is thick and not running and be careful while adding water.
- Add baking powder at the end and mix. Rest for 5 mins.
- Meantime preheat oven to 400 F
- Grease baking sheet or use parchment paper and grease it.
- Take batter and form round patties, need not be shaped, place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins, then flip sides and baked for another 20 mins.
- If you want it very crispier bake for extra 10 mins.
- Make sure spinach is more than flour, as it shrinks while cooking/baking.
- Serve with hot chai 🙂