Today its going to be a simple post. I love cucumber raita more than onion raita. Just because of the onion smell I try avoiding it 🙂 My hubby is a cucumber freak. When ever we go for grocery shopping he always gets 5 to 6 cucumber. Last time when I opened the fridge I could find 8 of them and I started freaking out LOL 😛 . And that day it was mushroom biriyani for lunch 🙂 needless to say cucumber raita was the accompaniment. A very simple and easy recipe.
Cucumber : 1 large.
Yogurt/Curd : 1/2 cup (thick)
Water : 1 to 1.5 tablespoons
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar : a pinch(optional)
- Peel the skin of cucumber and chop to small pieces.
- Beat yogurt, water together.
- Add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder to yogurt and mix well.
- Now mix cucumber as well.
- Add the pinch of sugar and mix. This increases the taste and it is totally optional.
- Serve with any biriyani 🙂
My raita I had used 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, if you want it spicy you can always increase. But if you need it milder reduce to 1/4 teaspoon or even lesser.