Oats Idli is something that tastes awesome…This is made instantly and there is no need of fermentation. Though there are ready made packets available, I would prefer home made and this quite easy to prepare.
Rolled Oats/Quick Cooking Oats : 1 cup
Sooji/Semolina or Cracked Wheat : 1/2 cup (I used cracked wheat)
Yogurt/Curd : 1/4 cup
Water : 1.4 cup
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder : 3/4 teaspoon (Baking Soda or Eno fruit salt can be used)
Carrot : 1 grated
- Dry roast oats and semolina or cracked wheat for 2 mins separately.
- Finely grind the oats to flour.
- Now mix all ingredients except baking powder to get idli consistency. Rest it for 10 mins.
- Add baking powder just 5 mins before steaming.
- Grease idli plates with little oil and have the idli pot ready.
- It would get thicker, so add water whenever required.
- Place the batter in the each mould and steam it for 10 to 12 mins.
- Remove and serve it hot with any spicy chutney 🙂
Isn’t it simple, healthy and tasty 🙂
Any vegetable can be added, combination would be fantastic.
You can store in in fridge and use it later as well.