When I had posted Ragi puttu sweet version, I got lots of response in Facebook groups asking for savory version. I had also mentioned in the last post , that I will post on this version. This is a very diabetic friendly recipe. You can find the sweet version recipe here
Here is the savory version.
Ragi Flour : 1 cup
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Water : 1/4 cup
Oil : 1 teaspoon
Onion : 1/4 of a large
Green Chili : 2 (slit in to 2 pieces)
Mustard seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Urad Dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
Ghee : 1 teaspoon(optional)
- In a medium bowl, add ragi flour, salt. Sprinkle water slowly and mix.
- Get it to a stage that, when you try to press in hand, it should form a ball.
- Now steam in either idli plate or in pressure cooker(with out pressure regulator).
- Steam for 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, mustard seeds, urad dal. When it splutters add curry leaves.
- Next add onions, green chili. Saute well till translucent.
- Now add this in the steamed ragi puttu and mix.
- Now add ghee and mix. This is totally optional.
Great for breakfast and as evening tiffin.