baked pakora, baked spinach pakora, easy spinach baked pakoras, healthy pakoras, Healthy Spinach, Indian spinach snack recipe, Pakoda, Pakora, Spinach Pakoda, Spinach Pakoras
Temperature dipping down, makes me feel like having pakora’s/ pakodas 🙂 Have a huge pack of spinach , so thought of preparing pakora and did not want to have the deep fried one’s. Ever since Vidya posted her Onion Pakora, I wanted to try the same way. So all credit goes to my dear friend 🙂 Completely a guilt free snack for tea time which tastes awesome 😀
Baby Spinach : 1 1/2 to 2 cups packed
Chickpea Flour/Besan/Garbanzo flour : 1/2 cup
Rice Flour : 1/4 cup
Asafoetida/Hing: a generous pinch
Ginger : a small piece finely chopped
Ajwain/Carom Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Water : as required
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
oil : 1/4 teaspoon
Baking Powder : 3/4 teaspoon
- Mix Besan, rice flour, red chili powder, pepper powder, salt, ajwain, hing together.
- Chop baby spinach, ginger and mix with flour.
- Spinach would have some water content, so it is better to mix with flour before water.
- Add water slowly and make batter. Make sure the batter is thick and not running and be careful while adding water.
- Add baking powder at the end and mix. Rest for 5 mins.
- Meantime preheat oven to 400 F
- Grease baking sheet or use parchment paper and grease it.
- Take batter and form round patties, need not be shaped, place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins, then flip sides and baked for another 20 mins.
- If you want it very crispier bake for extra 10 mins.
- Make sure spinach is more than flour, as it shrinks while cooking/baking.
- Serve with hot chai 🙂