Stuffed paratha’s are always the best and it tastes yum 🙂 My hubby is not a fan though, he always prefers rice over roti and me the vice versa 😛 He would be mad when I send him paratha’s for lunch. So I take advantage of making paratha only for me at times. Here is my way of preparing doing Mooli Paratha. As Radish/Daikon is a very watery vegetable making paratha is a bit of mess. There are 2 ways of preparing it, here is my way.
Mooli/Radish/Daikon : 5 to 6 inch piece(Grated finely)
Whole Wheat Flour : 3/4 cup +extra to dust
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/2 teaspoon powder
Black Pepper Powder : 1/2 teaspoon powder
Turmeric powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Water : as required to kneed the dough
- First grate mooli, add salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Now mix well. Take another bowl and squeeze out the water content from this.
- Now take the wheat flour and mix this squeezed water content to it. Set aside the radish.
- Do not add extra salt as we already have mixed it with the mooli.
- Now mix everything and make dough, if needed add extra water and make a nice dough and rest it for 15 mins.
- Now roll the dough to have a round flat bread with thin edges and thicker center.
- Now place a ball of the squeezed radish mixture in the center and fold the outer edges and pinch it.
- Use extra flour and dust the base and roll as a round flat bread.
- Heat griddle and place this paratha and cook for few mins. Add ghee/oil/butter over it and cook both the sides well. Fresh mooli smell arises from the paratha 🙂
- Serve with any gravy 🙂
The other way of preparing this is heat oil in a pan, add mooli and spices and cook for few mins until the water content gets rid of. Then put this in the center of the flat bread and roll as usual. I prefer not to over cook veggie. So I go by the other way.