Basmathi rice varieties, how to make peas pulao, Indian variety rice, Peas Pulao, peas rice, pulao recipe, variety rice
Peas Pulao is another easy lunchbox menu. Quick to make and tastes great. Mint leaves is the secret ingredient in this pulao, it gives a great flavor.
To check on other rice varieties click here
Basmathi Rice : 1 cup
Water : 2 cups
Peas : 1/2 cup
Mint Leaves : 15
Salt : to taste
Green Chili : 2 to 3
Onion : 1/4 of a large
Cumin Seeds/Jeera : 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon
Oil : 1 tablespoon
- Wash basmathi rice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot add cumin seeds. Let it crackle.
- Add onions saute for 2 mins. Now add ginger garlic paste. Make sure to saute well.
- When onion turns translucent, add mint leaves and saute for 2 mins.
- Add peas and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add the washed and drained rice. Saute for 2 mins.
- Now transfer it to a electric cooker and add water, salt and cook till done.
- In case of pressure cooker, cook for 3 whistles. Or cook in a pan as well till fluffy.
Easy pessy peas pulao/pilaf is done 🙂 Serve with dal tadka or any raita.