easy oats bars, Oats, Oats Banana Bar, Oats Bar, Oats recipes, Oats Vegan bars, Simple Oats recipe, Vegan snack bars
Back with a baking post. Had some ripe banana’s and wanted to finish it. Then prepared this Oats banana bits with apple sauce. Have prepared this long ago and forgot to post it. If you buy snack bars from super market, this is a great option for home made.
Oats flour : 1 cup
Rolled Oats : 1 1/2 cups
Unsweetened Applesauce : 1/4 cup
Banana : 2 (fully ripe)
Baking powder : 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon ground : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Brown Sugar : 1/4 cup(can be replaced with honey)
Vanilla Extract : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 2 tablespoons
For Chocolate Syrup:
Chocolate chip : handful
Butter : 2 tablespoons
- Mash banana well and mix with unsweetened apple sauce.
- Mix oats flour, rolled oats ,baking powder, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar together and whisk well.
- To this add the banana, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla extract, oil and form a dough. It should be thick just like cookie dough and not runny at all.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a baking tray with oil.
- Spread the dough in the baking tray and make it to uniform rectangle shape.
- Bake for 40 mins.
- Cool down and then cut it to small pieces.
- Then heat a small sauce pan, add the chocolate chips and butter. stir until they melt.
- Now pour over the pieces. I have done it for few pieces and left others.
- For vegan option we can use without chocolate syrup 🙂
- Store in an airtight container in fridge.
Enjoy these healthy bites 🙂