For the past few days I have been trying out few recipes and nothing has been working out sadly 😛 So I decided to get to the safer zone of my regular Indian cooking. Here is a recipe with mushroom and yogurt. I love both of them separately and this is a combination of both 🙂 this goes well with roti/chapathi as well rice.
Mushroom : 250 gms
Onion : 1/2 of large
Tomato : 1
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon
Yogurt : 3 tablespoons
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder : 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Oil : 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
Cilantro Leaves : Few
- Chop mushroom, onion and tomato to pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When they crackle add the curry leaves.
- Add onion, ginger garlic paste and saute till translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Next add tomato and saute till soft.
- Next add the chopped mushroom, mix and cook for 5 mins.
- When the mushroom oozes water content, add the red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix.
- Cook for 10 mins. When the mushroom’s are cooked 75%, add yogurt and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 10 more mins.
- When mushroom are cooked well, stop and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve with hot roti 🙂