Fast and quick Indian Recipes, Healthy gravy, Indian Style gravy, Indian style side dish, Mixed Vegetable Gravy, Mixed Vegetables, Mixed Vegetables curry
Lots of my friends have been asking for simple and quick recipes lately. So today I am bringing another quick recipe with mixed vegetables. This gravy can be eaten with roti/chappathi or with rice as well. Sometime back I prepared this as a side dish for Quinoa 🙂 As we get the mixed frozen vegetables , it makes life easier. I use Goya’s pack which has a mix of carrot, beans, corn,peas and Lima beans. You can use any vegetable of your choice. If it is fresh its better. But for quick purpose frozen is what we can use 🙂
Mixed Vegetables Frozen/ fresh : 3/4 cup (mentioned above)
Onion : 1/2 of large
Tomato : 2 medium
Ginger : 1/2 inch piece
Garlic : 1 pod
Red Chili Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder : 1/8 teaspoon
Garam Masala : 1/2 teaspoon
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Oil : 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
Cilantro : Few strands
- Chop onion and tomato roughly, add ginger and garlic with these and blend it to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds. When they crackle add curry leaves. Next add all the mixed vegetables and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add the onion, tomato paste to the vegetables. Let it heat for 5 mins.
- Then add red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Tomatoes might splutter. So cover with a lid and cook.
- In 6 to 7 mins, check if the vegetables are cooked and the raw smell leaves off. Then stop and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Quick and easy which goes well with anything like rice, idli, dosa, roti, chappathi, paratha. It might take around 15 mins to complete this. I am sure this would be helpful for working people 🙂 Hope you enjoy it friends 🙂