Corn Flour Flatbread, Corn Flour Roti, Gluten free Indian Recipes, Gluten Free recipe, Gluten Free roti, how to prepare makki roti, Makkai Roti, Makki Ki Roti, techniques for makki roti
Makki ki roti is again a gluten free food. How I wonder we have lots of gluten free food used in India 🙂 I am just trying one by one and loving them. Being a South Indian, rice is the only staple food for us. These days we get lots of awareness to reduce rice. The major issue with gluten free flour is, they don’t bind and rolling them is a big deal. These are quite common in North Indian home’s I guess. I did some google search to find an apt way to prepare this. I found the recipe in Showmethecurry.com website to be very useful. There are some useful tips shared.
Corn Flour : 1/2 cup
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
Hot Water : as required
Cilantro Leaves : 2 to 3 strands
Oil: to drizzle over roti
- Mix corn flour, salt in a bowl.
- Add very hot water slowly and mix. Add cilantro leaves and mix. Make dough out of it.
- Take a plastic cover, clean it well and cut in to 2 halves.
- Have some normal water applied on the sheet. Slightly water your palms and make small balls out of the dough.
- Place it over and slightly flatten it.
- cover it with the other side of the plastic cover, place a plate over the top cover and press it to form a round shaped roti.
- Remove the top cover and slowly remove the roti and place it a hot griddle.
- Drizzle oil over the roti. After 2 to 3 mins, flip side and drizzle some more oil.
- While flipping be careful, it might tare.
- Cook until golden brown and serve with raita, pickle.
This needs a little practice to get roti without taring. Corn Flour is not the same as corn meal 🙂
If you don’t want oil, just add some wheat flour or all purpose flour with corn flour and prepare like normal roti.