My Aunt had suggested me this recipe some time back. I didn’t give a thought, today I wanted to make something different. This is so simple and easy to make. More over you don’t need fermentation of the batter. I was so happy with the outcome and my hubby liked it as well.
Raw Rice : 1 cup (250 ml)
Tomato : 2 large or 3 medium
Red Chili Powder : 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Oil : to drizzle over dosa
Cilantro Leaves : chopped 1 tablespoon
Oil : 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Split Urad dal : 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds/Jeera : 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
- Soak raw rice in water for 3 hours or over night.
- Roughly chop tomatoes.
- Drain water from rice, add the tomatoes and grind it to a smooth batter. I used 100 ml of water to grind. This would be a little watery and not as thick as normal dosa batter.
- Now add cumin powder, red chili powder, salt and chopped cilantro leaves and mix well.
- In a small pan, add oil and when hot add items in to temper. When they crackle mix with batter.
- Heat a griddle.
- Now pour this batter and drizzle oil over the dosa. After 2 to 3 mins flip side and cook.
- This might get torn, just be careful while flipping sides.
- Instant tomato dosa is ready 🙂 serve with coconut chutney.