easy raita recipes, Healthy Spinach, Indian Spinach recipes, raita recipes, Spinach raita, Spinach Yogurt dip
Spinach Raita is something very tasty and easy to prepare. Spinach health benefits need not be given to explain the importance, as we all know about it. I have always heard that weekends are usually special at everyone’s place, but at my home I make very simple. It is usually Veggie Quinoa either on Saturday or Sunday. My hubby would want just yogurt for this as an accompaniment. I thought why not make it healthy with spinach and here is spinach raita 🙂
Spinach : 1 cup packed
Yogurt/Curd : 4 tablespoons
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Water : 2 tablespoons
- Clean spinach. In a pan, add the washed spinach and water of around 2 tablespoons and heat in high for 5 mins.
- Spinach would leave out water , let it cool.
- Once cool, take out spinach and chop to small pieces.
- Drain the water and set aside(do not throw away).
- Now in a mixing bowl, add yogurt, salt, cumin powder, red chili powder and the spinach cooked water.
- With a whisk, beat well to a fine paste.
- Next add the chopped spinach and again mix with the whisk.
Spinach raita is ready 🙂
Goes great with any pulao, biriyani. Few recipes given below