Hi friends, it’s been long since I have posted. Thanks for everyone who have been asking me. I am fine, just a little break. Things have not been moving the way we expect. Now I am back with new recipes 🙂
This is very long pending post. Idli and dosa is something that is a part of me 😉 we rarely change this routine of breakfast. Accompaniment for them would usually be sambar or chutney in my home. Sometime for a change we have this podi. Who doesn’t love this 🙂 it is so tasty that I can eat more idli’s 😉 this is one reason to avoid this podi 😉
Channa dal : 1/2 cup
Urad dal : 1/2 cup
Red chili : 8
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves : few
Asafoetida : 1/2 teaspoon
Sesame Oil : 3 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a medium pan, when it is hot add the red chilies and saute.
- once they bulge up and turn slight brown(not too much) remove them in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Now the heat of the pan should be low medium.
- In the same pan, add channa dal and saute for 3 mins. Next add urad dal with it and saute till slight brown. Make sure they cook well. This would take around 8 to 10 mins.
- Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- In the remaining oil, add asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute for a min and add them to the dal.
- Let it cool well.
- Now grind them all together to a fine powder.
- Mix with sesame oil and serve it with idli or dosa 🙂