I have seen a lot of friends posting on Quinoa dosa and wanted to try. Then I thought why not make it just like regular idli. Just like Millet Idli, I made these idli’s and we absolutely did not feel the difference. I did make dosa with the remaining batter and turned out super awesome.
To check on how to make normal idli/dosa batter, cilck here.
For millets Idli, cilck here.
For some chutney recipe, check below
- Peanuts Chutney
- Celery Chutney
- Onion Chutney/Vengaya Chutney
- Ginger Chutney/Allam Pachadi
- Coconut Chutney
- Peerkangai Thol Thugayal/Ridge Gourd Skin Peel Chutney
Quinoa: 1 cup
Idli Rice : 1 cup
Urad dal : 1/2 cup
Salt : as needed
Water : as needed
- Soak quinoa, idli rice together overnight.
- Soak urad dal for 1 hr.
- Grind urad dal to fine batter, place it in a bowl. Use little water to grind. Do not make it watery.
- Grind the quinoa and rice together and grind with little water, as it easily leaves a lot of water.
- Combine all of them together with around 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Mix well and ferment it overnight.
- Next day without mixing, grease idli plate and pour batter.
- Steam for 12 to 15 mins.
- Serve with any chutney or sambar.
After a day’s time, I added a bit more water and mix batter. Use this for Dosa. I forgot to take pics 🙂 will update the next time I prepare this dosa.