how to make oats burfi, how to make oats flour, Oats, Oats Barfi, Oats Burfi, Oats desserts, Oats Indian recipes, Oats recipes, simple oats desserts, Sugar free barfi, Sugar free desserts, Sugar free Oats barfi
It has been long since I made some desserts at home. Wanted to try something quite healthy and easy. I have a huge pack of rolled oats and my hubby kept asking me to prepare something with it. I have been preparing oats uthappam all the time 😉 So made some of these barfi and came out very delicious.To avoid sugar, I have added jaggery. You can go ahead with sugar as well. Do give it a try.
Oats Flour : 1.5 cups (take 1.5 cups of oats and grind to fine powder/Instant oats can also be powdered)
Almonds : 2 tablespoon
Cashews : 2 tablespoon
Walnuts : 2 tablespoon
Cardamom : 5 to 6 pieces
Raisins : 1 tablespoon
Jaggery : 3/4 cup( can reduce it to 1/2 cup/ also can be replaced by sugar)
Ghee : 3 tablespoon + extra to grease tray
- Grind almonds, cashews, walnuts, cardamom to fine powder.( I could get 1 cup out of this)
- In a pan, heat one tablespoon of ghee. When it is hot, roast oats flour and roast in low medium flame for 5 mins. (nice aroma would raise) Make sure not to over burn.Set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of ghee. When hot, add the ground dry fruits powder and roast in low medium flame for 5 mins. Make sure not to over burn. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of ghee, add raisins and let it pop. Make sure not to over burn.
- Heat jaggery with one to two tablespoon of water (in case of sugar, add sugar and water) and when it melts, add roasted oats flour, roasted dry fruits powder, raisins.
- Cook in low flame. It mixes very fast and cooks within 5 mins. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of ghee and cook.
- It combines well and will come to the center of the pan. Stop the flame.
- Now grease a tray with ghee.
- Pour this barfi mixture and level it.
- Let it cool for half hour to one hour.
- Then cut it to pieces and store in an air tight container.
With the same you can make ladoo’s. Just by forming small balls out of it. It is a great tea time snack.