Spinach Raita is something very tasty and easy to prepare. Spinach health benefits need not be given to explain the importance, as we all know about it. I have always heard that weekends are usually special at everyone’s place, but at my home I make very simple. It is usually Veggie Quinoa either on Saturday or Sunday. My hubby would want just yogurt for this as an accompaniment. I thought why not make it healthy with spinach and here is spinach raita 🙂
Spinach : 1 cup packed
Yogurt/Curd : 4 tablespoons
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Water : 2 tablespoons
- Clean spinach. In a pan, add the washed spinach and water of around 2 tablespoons and heat in high for 5 mins.
- Spinach would leave out water , let it cool.
- Once cool, take out spinach and chop to small pieces.
- Drain the water and set aside(do not throw away).
- Now in a mixing bowl, add yogurt, salt, cumin powder, red chili powder and the spinach cooked water.
- With a whisk, beat well to a fine paste.
- Next add the chopped spinach and again mix with the whisk.
Spinach raita is ready 🙂
Goes great with any pulao, biriyani. Few recipes given below