Celery Chutney, Celery Chutney recipe, Celery for breakfast, Celery Indian Style Recipe, Celery recipe, Chutney recipe, Indian Chutney
In my regular Tamil online magazine, there was an article with the recipe of Celery chutney. I got intrigued by the recipe , an Indian version of Celery that looked too good. I made few changes to the original recipe for my taste and it turned out YUM 🙂 Finally I could finish off all the celery stalks staying in the fridge 🙂 I can have this even as a spread in bread 😛 So here it is
Celery : a big bunch chopped to small pieces
Cilantro leaves : few stalks
Red Onion: 1/4 of a large chopped
Ginger : 1/4 inch piece chopped
Garlic : 1 pods chopped
Green Chili : 1
Lemon Juice : 1 tablespoon or Tamarind : 1 small piece ( I used Tamarind)
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leave : few
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot add the mustard seed, urad dal, cumin seeds. When they crackle add the curry leaves.
- Now add the onions ,green chili, garlic and saute till translucent.
- Next add the chopped celery. Saute for 3 to 4 mins. Add the lemon juice or tamarind piece.
- Finally add cilantro leaves, ginger and saute for 2 mins and stop cooking. Let it cool.
- After cooling blend it to a fine paste ( to chutney consistency)
- Serve with Idli/Dosa 🙂