Black channa curry, Black Chickpeas, Black Chickpeas gravy, Channa recipe, Kadalai curry, Kala Channa Gravy, Kala Kadalai Kuzhambhu, kondai kadalai kuzhambu
Kala Channa Gravy, kadalai curry is very healthy and easy to prepare. This goes well with rice, roti, idli, dosa, puttu.
Black Chickpeas/Kala Channa : 300gms (soaked over night)
oil – 1 teaspoon
cinnamon stick – 1 small
cloves – 2
cumin seeds – 1tbspn
onion – 1/2 of one large chopped
Tamarind juice – 1 small piece (optional)
Red Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbspn
Channa Masala – 1/2 tbspn (can be replaced by garam masala)
Salt : 1 tbspn
shredded coconut : 3tbspns
garlic – 4 pods
fennel seeds – 1 tbspn
- Grind all the items in to grind. Keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add kala channa, cloves, cinnamon and add water to cover enough and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Stop and let it cool.
- Now add the chopped onions ,ground paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, channa masala, salt and tamarind juice.
- Now again pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Once done stop and let it cool.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan, when hot add cumin seeds. When it crackles, add curry leaves and stop.
- Mix this with the cooked channa.
- Easy Kala Channa gravy is ready, serve with rice or roti.