Allam Chutney, Allam pachadi, chutney recipe for idli dosa, easy chutney recipes, Ginger Chutney, how to make allam chutney, Pesarattu, side dish for pesarattu
Ginger chutney is one of the best chutney combination for Pesarattu dosa, it goes great with normal idli/dosa, Millets Idli. as well. Few years back my friends mom taught me this recipe. She can only talk in telugu and though I can understand and speak telugu, it was a big challenge for me to get those ingredients she was mentioning. Finally I took her to the kitchen and made her show me what she was mentioning 😉 Pesarattu was again a recipe which I came to know from her.
If you would like to read some health benefits of ginger, here is a link which I had posted long back.
Here is the recipe…
Ginger : 1 1/2 inch piece (can be reduced to 1 inch piece)
Garlic clove :2
Dry red chili : 2
Channa dal : 1 1/2 tablespoon
Urad dal : 1 tablespoon
Tamarind : small piece
Jaggery : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 3/4 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
Water, salt : as needed
- Peel skin of ginger and chop of small pieces.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon oil. When hot, add garlic cloves, red chili and saute till garlic changes slight brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add ginger and saute for 2 to 3 mins. Set aside.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon more oil in the same pan, add channa dal, urad dal and saute till golden brown. Set aside.
- Let all the above cool. Now to this add tamarind piece, jaggery and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add required salt and water to grind.
- Take in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon oil in a pan, when hot add mustard seeds, urad dal when it crackles add curry leaves. When they splutter, add it to the ground chutney.
- Ginger chutney is ready.
Serve with Pesarattu/Idli/Dosa/Millets Idli.
Some of the breakfast for which you can have this chutney as accompaniment recipes here
Semolina Upma/Broken Wheat Rava Upma
Tapioca Pearl Kichadi/ Javvarisi upma