Bachelor recipe, Indian bachelor recipe, Indian Style Potato Fry, Potato Fry, Urulai Kilangu varuval, Urulai Poriyal
We all love potatoes, who doesn’t 😛 . This is an universal recipe in many Indian families. Quick and easy to make. It is not there in my blog yet. So I thought why not take some pictures one day when i prepared. So here it is. There is one secret ingredient which brings more taste to this dish. I got to know from my dear friend Vidya @ Traditionally Modern Food. It gives crispy and tasty potato Fry.
Potato: 2 to 3 medium
Oil : as required to fry
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Urad dal: 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves : few
Rice floor: 1 tablespoon
Salt : as required
Turmeric powder: a generous pinch
- Slice potatoes to small pieces. Put the sliced pieces in water to avoid getting dark.
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add curry leaves. Once they splutter add the sliced potatoes by draining the water.
- Saute for 3 to 4 mins.
- Next add the rice flour, turmeric powder, salt.
- Mix well and let it cook. If needed sprinkle water and cook.
- Once done, stop and serve.
Rice flour gives crispiness and an excellent taste. It can totally be avoided in case you don’t want to use.