If you visit Bangalore, you must try this veg toast for sure. In case you are from Bangalore or have an idea about this toast, I am sure I need not explain the taste 😉 Iyengar Bakery is famous bakery chain in Bangalore and all their products are absolutely tasty. This toast has a special taste which will make you fall in love for these toasts. Though I have made onion tomato curry for sandwich, I somehow love this style of sandwich. Then googled and found the simple trick to prepare this and the secret ingredient that gives it a great taste. You must try it at home, very simple and easy.
Onion : 1/2 of a large
Tomato : 1 medium
Carrot : 1 medium grated
Cabbage : 5 to 6 leaves(handful chopped)
Capsicum :1 small ( I haven’t used)
Red Chili Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder : a pinch
Chat Masala : 1/4 teaspoon
Tomato Ketchup : 2 tablespoons
Oil : 1.5 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Urad Dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Salt : as needed
Cilantro Leaves : to garnish
Bread Slices : 4
Butter : as needed to toast
- Chop onion, tomato, cabbage to small pieces and grate carrot.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds.
- When it crackles, add onions and saute till translucent.
- Next add tomato and saute till soft.
- Now add grated carrot, cabbage, capsicum.
- Cook for 3 mins. Next add red chili powder, chat masala, salt, tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Ensure all vegetables are well cooked. It takes around 5 to 6 mins. Taste and adjust in case anything needed.
- Heat a tawa and toast bread with butter.
- Now place this veggies masala in between and serve.
Easy and tasty veg toast is ready 🙂