I am not a big fan of broccoli, but wanted to give it a try. Made this simple broccoli stir fry and it was an easy bachelor recipe. As most of my blog followers have been asking for simple recipes, I thought I should post some. So here it is.
Broccoli : 1 medium floret
Onion : 1/4 of a large
Garlic pods : 3
Red Chili Powder : 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Oil : 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1 teaspoon
Water : as needed
- Clean the broccoli floret and separate to small pieces.
- In a medium pan take some lukewarm water, add 1 teaspoon salt and let the broccoli flowers soak for 10 mins. (In case there are any germs, this helps reducing it)
- Chop garlic to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot add cumin seeds and garlic.
- Garlic tempers the oil this way.
- Next add the chopped onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add broccoli and saute for 2 mins.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well.
- Sprinkle some water and cook broccoli.
- It gets cooked within 5 to 7 mins.
- Serve with roti/Paratha/rice.
Broccoli cooks very fast, so be careful not to overcook and not to add too much water , it would become mushy.