Yesterday’s prasad for Navratri was channa dal sundal. Not much a fan of this dal though, gotta have one variety of sundal everyday these 9 days. So here it is 🙂
Channa Dal/Kadalai Paruppu : 1/3 cup
Water : 3/4 cup
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder : generous pinch
Oil : 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/8 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/8 teaspoon
Asafoetida/Hing : 1/8 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
Grated Coconut : 1 tablespoon
- Soak Channa Dal in hot water for an hour’s time.
- Either pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or cook in open pan with enough water by adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Let it cool, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida. When it crackles add hing and curry leaves.
- Stop and add grated coconut mix.
- Now mix this with the boiled channa dal.
- Now this sundal is ready 🙂