For Saraswathi Pooja today made this sundal for neivadhyam. For sundal usually white chickpea is used and I didn’t have stock so used the dark one 🙂 It turned out yummy 🙂
Kondakadalai/Kala Channa/Black Chickpea : 1/2 cup
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Oil : 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Urad Dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
Asafoetida/Hing : 1/8 teaspoon
Water : as required
Grated Coconut : 1/5 tablespoon
- Soak chickpea in water over night.
- Pressure cook it with salt for 6 whistles with water enough to cover it.
- Let it cool and set aside. If there is excess water drain it after it cools down.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal. Let it crackle add curry leaves, hing.
- Stop and add coconut and mix.
- Now mix this with the cooked chickpea.
- Sundal ready 🙂