Today again it’s going to be one of the most simplest and easiest rice variety. Quick , easy and fast to pack for lunch. Very common in South Indian houses 🙂 And this is my hubby’s favorite 🙂
Basmathi Rice : 1 cup
Lemon : 1 small
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Oil : 1 tablespoon (preferably sesame oil)
Turmeric powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/8 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/8 teaspoon
Channa dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Peanuts : 1 tablespoon (unsalted)
Curry Leaves : few
Asafoetida/Hing : 1 generous pinch
- Cook Basmathi rice with 1 : 1.5 cup of rice and water. Let it cool, set it aside.
- Squeeze Lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed pan.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, peanuts. Let it crackle. Add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Next add turmeric powder and lemon juice mix well. Let it get heated for 2 mins. Then reduce the heat to low.
- Next add the rice to pan and mix well. Add salt and mix. Make sure it doesn’t get over cooked and smashed.
Now easy lemon rice is ready 🙂 Goes well with chips or potato gravy.