Had been thinking of posting this for a long time, finally today I got to post this. Simple and easy rice variety. I usually prepare this masala earlier and store it in fridge. So it is easy and fast to pack up lunch in the morning.
Rice : 1 cup cooked ( I have used Brown Basmathi Rice, any kind can be used)
Bell Pepper/Capsicum : 1 large
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Oil : 1 teaspoon
Onion : 1/4 of a large
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut : 1 tablespoon
Coriander Seeds : 1 1/2 tablespoons
Channa dal : 1 1/1 tablespoons
Urad dal : 1 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tablespoon
Fennel Seeds : 1/2 tablespoon
Black Pepper : 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds : 1/8 teaspoon
Red Chili : 3 to 4
Sesame Seeds : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 1 tablespoon
- Add 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, when it is hot roast all the items in to grind separately. You can roast it together as well, but separately you can roast it better. Let it cool and then grind it to a fine powder.
- You can store this masala for later use in an air tight container in fridge.
- Cook rice and let it cool.
- Chop capsicum, onion to large chunks.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large pan. When hot add onions , ginger garlic paste and saute it for 2 to 3 mins.
- Next add the capsicum chunks and saute for 3 to 4 mins.
- Next add the grind powder(around 1 1/2 tablespoon), salt, coconut and mix well.
- Saute for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Once the capsicum gets cooked well, add the rice and mix well. Now the heat should be in low.
- Once everything gets mixed stop and serve with any raita.