We are very used to Palak Paneer and my hubby loves it. This time I decided to make it with Tofu instead of Paneer. Since I had the combo of both Spinach and Kale ,so tried with this combo and it turned out very yummy 🙂 You can use only Spinach for this.
Extra Firm Tofu : 3/4 of a pack
Spinach and Kale mix : 1 cup each
Onion : 1/2 of large
Tomato : 1 medium
Red Chili Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 2 tablespoons
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoons
Fennel Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Cardamom Piece : 1 small
- Remove water from the Tofu packet, and squeeze of the water. Place in tissue paper for 5 mins.
- Wash Spinach and Kale. Add water about 1 and a half cup over it and boil for 3 to 4 mins until it shrinks.
- Cool down and blend to a fine paste.
- Chop onions , tomato. After 5 mins squeeze excess water and cut it to cubes. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute the tofu cubes and saute til golden color and set aside.
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil, when hot add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cardamom piece.
- When they crackle, add onions. Let it turn golden brown, add ginger garlic paste. Saute for 3 to 4 mins.
- Now add tomato and saute till it gets smashed well.. Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Now add the kale and spinach paste. Let it boil for 5 mins.
- When it is boils well, add the Tofu cubes with this and let it simmer for few more mins.
- Stop and serve with any roti, paratha 🙂
I served with Gobi Paratha.