I love paratha’s specially Gobi and Mooli (Cauliflower and Radish) paratha. I am very poor in making stuffed paratha. I admire the way my North Indian friends make it in ease. Most of the times the stuffing would come out of the dough and I can’t roll 😛 I usually don’t prepare paratha’s often and these days we have moved to fruits or something light for dinner, I have not even prepared roti for quite sometime. For a change today made paratha for lunch 🙂 Somehow managed to get some thing like round 😛 Taste was awesome, I hate those I get in frozen pack they are very chewy, though it did not turn out in round shape taste is not compromised 🙂
Whole Wheat Flour : 2 cups + extra to make paratha
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 1 teaspoon
Water : as required to make dough
Butter/Ghee : for preparing paratha
Cauliflower : 1 cup grated
Pepper Powder : 2 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder : 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder : 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Butter : 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix wheat flour, salt and oil. When they are mixed well, add water and knead to a soft dough. Cover it and let it set for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meantime grate cauliflower, add other items mentioned in for stuffing and make small balls out of it.
- Make a small patty out of the dough,while making this make sure the edges are thinner than center,then add the stuffing cauliflower and pinch the dough to cover it.
- Use some wheat flour and roll it to form a round shaped roti.
- Heat griddle and place this paratha and cook for few mins. Add ghee/oil/butter over it and cook both the sides well.
- Serve with any gravy 🙂
I served it with Palak Tofu 🙂