If you are looking to replace eggs in baking, here is the replacement ‘Unsweetened Applesauce’. A very simple and delicious recipe. There were a lot of recipes which called for unsweetened applesauce but I never gave it a deeper thought of preparing 😛 until I found 2 apples in my fridge. So here it is …
Apple : 2 (peeled and chopped)
Water : 3/4 cups
Vanilla Extract : 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon Juice : 1 teaspoon
- Bring water and apples to boil.
- Add all other ingredients and boil in leave it to simmer for 10 mins with lids on.
- Heat until 10 mins or till the apple turns soft and then stop.
- Cool down totally and then blend well to a fine paste. Store in an airtight container in fridge.
- When ever a recipe calls for unsweetened applesauce use this.
- If you need sweetened apple sauce add 1/2 sugar to this while boiling.
Simple replacement for eggs in baking 🙂