how to make simple kheer, Javvarisi Payasam, Javvarisi Semiya Payasam, Sabudana Kheer, Sabudana vermiceli kheer, Semiya Payasam, simple kheer recipe, simple payasam recipe, Tapioca Pearl Pudding
Today it is going to be a simple and a delicious recipe. This is a long pending post, prepared this payasam for Varalakshmi Pooja and I am posting it now 😛 A very commonly made recipe for all special occasions in South India.
Javvarisi/Sabudana/Tapioca Pearl : 1/3 cup
Vermiceli/Semiya : 1/2 cup
Milk : 2 cups
Cardamom : 2 pieces
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Nuts and Raisins : Few
Ghee : 1 teaspoon
Water : 1/2 cup
- Soak Javvarisi for 2 hours in water just to cover till the top. After 2 hrs drain off any excess water if present.
- I used roasted vermicelli. If you are using plain vermiceli, add a teaspoon of ghee in a pan and roast vermiceli till golden brown.
- Next Heat water in a large pan. Add Javvarisi/Sabudana and boil in medium for 5 mins, until they turn transparent.
- Now add the roasted vermiceli with sabudana and boil till soft. You can check it by piercing a piece of vermiceli.
- Next add milk and boil it. Add the cardamom pieces by removing skin. You can use powder of cardamom as well.
- It would get thicker in 10 mins, add sugar as well. Heat should be in medium.
- In another pan, heat ghee and roast the nuts and raisins. Add this to the kheer/Payasam. And stop heating.
It would get thicker after you store it. At that time we can add some extra milk and serve.