Baked Quinoa Patties, eggless patty recipe, healthy patties, Quinoa, Quinoa Patties, Qunioa Patty recipe, Vegan patties, Vegan Quinoa Patties
Call it Quinoa Patties/Kebabs whatever I loved these 🙂 You can very much have it with burger or as a tea time snack. Perfect for both 🙂 . This is a long pending recipe on my list after Sabudana Vada. Finally today I got time to prepare this. Quite a simple recipe and loved the way it turned out. Also I gave the Indian Spice touch 🙂
Quinoa : 1/2 cup (uncooked)
Water : 3/4 cup
Black Eyed Chickpea : 1/3 cup soaked overnight (You can use normal chickpea as well)
Spinach : 1 cup (finely chopped)
Carrot : 1 grated
Onion : 1/2 of a large chopped
Green Bell Pepper : 1/2 of a large chopped
Cilantro leaves : 15 to 20 strands chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper Ground : 2 teaspoons
Salt : 2 teaspoon
- Bring Quinoa and water to boil and simmer it for 6 minutes. Switch off, close it with lid for 20 minutes. By this time it would have got cooked completely.
- Boil black eyed chickpea, in water until it is very soft. Cool down and grind it to a fine paste in a blender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds when they crackle, add onion and ginger garlic paste, saute till translucent. Next add green bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Next add grated carrots and then spinach in every 2 mins time. Then add garam masala, pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt to this and mix well.
- Now mix the cooked quinoa, mashed up black eyed chickpea, and the above veggie mix and combine well.
- Meantime preheat oven to 425 F, grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Oil your palms and make round patties.
- Bake for 40 mins. After 20 mins, flip sides and bake.
- If you feel that they don’t stick well together, dust the made patties with chickpea flour and then bake. I didn’t use it but when flipping sides, few of them did get distorted from shape. So better to use flour.
If you want it much crispier, change temperature to 450 and bake 🙂
You can pan fry it as well. Just to avoid more oil consumption I baked it.
For the above mentioned quantity I got around 12 patties.
I know I am a bit late for Fiesta Friday, as I had planned some other dish and now turned up to this 🙂 Hope you enjoyed this friends 😀