Clafoutis is a French baked dessert, usually made with cherries. It is made with variation of many fruits. When you bake a clafoutis, it will puff up like a little souffle, browned on the edges, but creamy within. I had more mangoes left , so tried this recipe.
Sorry my dear vegan and vegetarian friends, this has 3 eggs 🙂
Recipe adapted from Willy Street
Mango : 1 to 2 chopped to pieces
Oats Flour : 1/2 cup ( Original recipe requires all purpose flour, I changed it to oats flour)
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Dark Brown Sugar : 1/2 cup packed
Milk : 1 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract : 1 teaspoon
Eggs : 3
- Grease the baking tray and preheat oven at 375 F
- Place(spread) the chopped mango in the baking tray.
- Add oats flour, dark brown sugar, salt and mix in a medium bowl. (dry ingredients)
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla extract well.(wet ingredients)
- Add dry and wet ingredients together.
- Pour this over the chopped mangoes.
- Bake for 50 mins, sides would get dark and middle soft.(until tooth pick comes out clear)
Serve warm 🙂 Though it is a dessert, I like to have it for breakfast. Egg taste in this is a little dominant. My hubby had this like a sandwich , placing between bread slices 😛 and he said it tasted good that way. I loved it for breakfast 🙂