Want a quick breakfast prepared? Uthappam is similar to pancake. Oats Uthappam is a very tasty and a healthy breakfast. This is quite heavy as well. Very fast to prepare!!! You don’t have to ferment this batter. Any kind of oats (rolled or instant) can be used for this.
Ingredients: (this measurement yields around 8 to 9 uthappam)
Oats Flour : 1 cup (rolled oats or instant oats grind it for a min to get a fine powder)
Semolina/Rava : 1/2 cup
Yogurt : 3 tablespoons
Water : as needed
Salt : 3/4 teaspoon
Onion : 1/4 of a large finely chopped
Green Chili : 3 very thinly chopped
Oil : to drizzle over uthappam
- Add oats , semolina, yogurt, water, salt and mix to a dosa batter/pan cake consistency. It should be a thick batter.
- Leave it aside for 5 minutes.(Don’t set it more than 5 mins)
- Heat griddle , when it is hot enough pour the batter and spread it like pan cake /uthappam.
- Sprinkle the onion and green chili over the uthappam and drizzle little oil over it.
- After 2 mins, flip side and cook for 2 more mins.
Isn’t this simple friends, as well healthy!! Serve hot with tomato chutney 🙂