I have been trying muffins for 4 times and all of them were a big flop and nothing worked 😛 Last time Anjana from Happy and Harried had posted Blueberry Vanilla Muffins where she has given the tips to bake muffins. Her tips worked out wonders.
Here are the tips which I followed from her
- Muffins, unlike cupcakes and cakes, like a really hot oven – 400 deg.F (or at least 375 deg.F for some recipes).
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately.
- Use a light hand when combining the two. Never use a food processor or hand mixer or anything motorized. Just a fork is enough.
- The batter must be thick and gloppy, not at all runny.
- Finally, bake them immediately. And bake the muffins till they pass a toothpick test and their tops are nicely browned and cracked. That is not a mistake. It is the signature of a good muffin. Unlike their prettier counterparts, the cupcakes, muffins are not supposed to be perfectly smooth.
Yes I got perfect muffins. As usual I did not want to use All purpose flour, so I have used wheat flour for this. Check out this friends.
Whole Wheat Flour : 1 1/2 cups
Carrot : 1 cup grated ( I used 2 large)
Egg : 1
Unsalted Butter : 2 tablespoons (melt it to room temperature)
Oil : 1/3 cup
Milk : 1/2 cup
Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
Dark Brown Sugar : 3/4 cup
Vanilla Extract : 1 teaspoon
Baking Powder : 3/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder : 1 teaspoon
Ginger Grated : 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line the muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Mix whole wheat flour, salt, dark brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon powder. Dark brown sugar would have lumps, with hands just crush them and mix with flour.
- Add all wet ingredients, oil, milk, egg, vanilla extract, butter. Using a fork whisk them lightly to mix well.
- Next mix dry and wet ingredients. Add the carrots, ginger as well and mix with hands. Make sure the batter is gloppy.
- Fill the batter in muffin liners. Bake for 20 mins.
- Cool down for 5 mins and the muffins are ready 🙂
This time I did not get the ingredients captured friends, I wanted to make sure I get proper muffins and with Anjana’s tips, it worked totally fine 🙂