This is a recipe for my bachelor friends who have been asking me to give simple recipes for them 🙂 A quick and simple recipe to pack for lunch. Just by name don’t worry that its going have lots of oil 😛 NO I just used 1/2 a teaspoon of oil for this.
Cabbage : 15 to 20 leaves ( chopped fine)
Onions : 1/4 of a large
Green Chili : 2
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut : 1 tablespoon (optional)
Turmeric Powder : a pinch (optional)
Salt : 1/4 teaspoon
Oil : 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/4 teaspoon
Channa dal : 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds : 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
- Throw the chopped cabbage in a pan, add 1 tablespoon of water(not more than that).
- Add a pinch of salt to this and heat it at high for 3 to 4 mins.
- Cabbage would shrink and get boiled, no more water would not be left. Cool and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add items in to temper.
- Next add onions, green chili. Let it turn translucent. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt to this and mix.
- Add turmeric powder if using.
- Add the boiled cabbage mix well. As cabbage is already cooked, just mixing well is enough.
- Stop in just 2 to 3 mins, add the coconut if using.
A very easy and a fast recipe, just would take around 10 to 15 mins totally.