Aloo Saag a very simple and delicious dish. I just love this combination. We usually skip potato in the grocery list, but this time I had got few of them. This curry is such a comfort dish that I can have it with rice as well as roti 😛 Instead of adding the chopped spinach leaves, I add the puree of spinach which gives it more taste. Hope you like it friends 🙂
Potato : 2 medium(skin peeled and chopped to large pieces)
Spinach : 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped
Onion : 1/2 of one large
Green Chili : 2
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic paste : 1 teaspoon
Oil: 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal : 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida : 1/4 teaspoon
- Boil water in a pan, add potatoes and par boil in high for 5 mins. After 5 mins, drain water and keep it aside.
- Make spinach puree with little water in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, asafoetida. When they crackle, add onions, green chili, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder.
- Let it turn translucent.
- Next add the par boiled potatoes and mix well. When it is 75% done in cooking potato, add the spinach puree, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Let it boil with the spinach puree. It would get thicker. When the spinach is mixed well with potato , stop and serve with roti or rice 🙂