Saturdays lunch at my home is usually Quinoa pulao. I got bored with the usual vegetable quinoa pulao, wanted to try with some thing different. As always quinoa is something that we can experiment. I still have the huge pack of spinach, using this with Quinoa. I love mushrooms, its been long time since I had used them, so adding it along with this gave a soothing effect 🙂 Quite a simple recipe as well.
Quinoa : 2 cups cooked
Mushroom : 5 to 6 large pieces chopped
Baby Spinach : 2 cups chopped
Red Onion : half of a large chopped
Olive Oil : 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon
Salt : 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cook the Quinoa. Please go through this wonderful post from Elaine on how to cook Quinoa. This method is too good and is the best way of cooking quinoa. Cook in a large pan and set aside with closed lid.
- In another pan, heat oil. Add the cumin seeds, when they change color, add the onions.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder. Let it turn translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 3 to 4 mins. Add salt of 1 teaspoon and saute.
- Next 1 cup of chopped spinach and saute for 3 to 4 mins. Spinach would reduce in quantity.
- Now add this in the cooked quinoa, add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to quinoa and mix well.
- Next add the remaining 1 cup of baby spinach to the quinoa, mix well and close with lid.
- Serve it after half an hour 🙂