Pesarattu is a very healthy crepes prepared in south Indian breakfast. This is a very simple recipe at the same time very healthy. Being a south Indian, Idli and Dosa is something that we love. This pesarattu dosa is quite heavy also, so I try to make it during weekends. These are called MLA pesarattu in Andhra served with Rava upma and allam chutney(Ginger Chutney) My room mates mom when ever she visits us, she would prepare this along with the allam chutney. These dosa taste too good when you combine with upma and allam chutney. Eating 2 would make us burp 😛
Some health benefits are
- Moong Beans are very rich in protein.
- They have less saturated fat and cholesterol , clears toxins.
- They help in reducing the LDL cholesterol(bad cholesterol)
- They help in preventing breast cancer.
- It reduces heart problems.
Whole Moong Bean/ Pasipayaru/Green Gram : 3/4 cup (Soaked overnight)
Raw Rice : 2 table spoon soaked overnight
Garlic : 4 -5 pods
Ginger : 1 inch piece
Green Chili : 2 to 3
Salt : 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida : 1/4 teaspoon
Oil : to drizzle over the crepes
- As mentioned soak Moong bean and raw rice overnight.
- Next morning drain water and put all the ingredients in a blender/food processor and grind it to a fine paste.
- Have it in the dosa batter consistency, using water.
- Heat griddle and once it is hot enough pour the batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle oil over the crepes and leave it to cook for 2 to 3 mins,
- Next turn side and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
Serve hot with any chutney or allam(ginger) chutney
Andhra pesarattu, they put some chopped onions, green chili over the dosa when it is cooked in the griddle. I am a little lazy to chop 😛 so I didn’t add this.