easy savory cake recipe, Fiesta Friday, savory cake, savory cake recipe, savory cup cakes, semolina cake, semolina cup cakes, Semolina Savory cake, vegetable cake, Vegetable savory cake, Vegetable Semolina Cake
I have been wanting to prepare this recipe for a very long time. As always preparing cake for me is interesting. A savory cake was quite new to me, as I have never heard of it ( I know don’t hit me guys 😛 ) Getting this to Fiesta Friday #25 . This turned out awesome, just prepared it in the evening for tea time snack. We finished of all the cup cake for dinner now 😀 As making my husband eat dinner is a big deal for me. He is too health conscious and he eats only fruits for dinner. With these cup cakes, he ate it for dinner Yay!!!
This is a very simple savory cake, just made cup cakes out of it. I hope you guys enjoy this 🙂
Semolina : 3/4 cup
Yogurt : 1/2 cup thick
Water : 3/4 cup
Salt : 1 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder : 1 teaspoon
Oil : 1 1/2 tablespoon
Carrot : 1/2 cup shredded
Cabbage : 1/2 cup chopped finely
Peas : 1/4 cup
Red Onion : 1/4 cup
Red Chili Powder : 1 teaspoon
Ginger : 1 teaspoon heaped
Sesame seeds : for topping over the cake
To temper :
Oil : 1/2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : Few
Asafoetida : a pinch (optional)
- Mix semolina with red chili powder, salt, baking powder and the vegetables with onion.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease the baking tray with butter.
- Add 1 1/2 table spoon oil and ginger with this and mix.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when it crackles add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Next add curry leaves. When it splutters add it to the mixture and mix well.
- Blend Yogurt with water and add it with the semolina.
- Batter should be watery, pour the batter in the cup cake tray.
- spread some sesame seeds over the top.
- Bake it for 30 mins.
- After baking cool down for half an hour.
Serve it with hot onion chutney or tomato ketchup 🙂 This is one best tea time snack.