First Birthday after marriage is something special and my hubby made it very special for me 😀 He made it a wonderful day today 🙂 With lots of wishes pouring in and after the 7 day GM diet , I am back to the normal routine. As he already got a lovely cake , I didn’t prepare any cake. So made it traditional. Kesari/Semolina Pudding is usually a traditional dessert made all over India. To make it a little special I added Mango puree 🙂
Semolina/ Rava : 3/4 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup ( I added dark brown sugar)
Clarified Butter /Ghee : 4 table spoons
Cashews, Almonds, Raisins : Few
Water : 1 1/2 cup
Mango Puree : 3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat Ghee of 1 tablespoon in a pan.
- Add the cashews and almonds.
- When they change color add raisins.
- When raisins pops up keep these nuts and raisins aside in a bowl.
- Heat 2 more table spoon oil.
- Mean time heat water in a separate pan.
- Add the Semolina/Rava and roast it in ghee.
- When a nice aroma rises, add the boiling water.
- Mix well and stir continuously. When the semolina gets cooked add cardamom powder.
- When it is semolina absorbs water completely add sugar.
- Sugar will leave water, mix well.
- When Sugar is also absorbed well, add Mango Puree and if needed add some more ghee and mix well.
- When everything mixes well add the roasted nuts and raisins.
Now its ready 🙂
To make it much richer, you can add milk 1/2 portion instead of water. Also Saffron can be added. Dark brown sugar changed the color to a little brownish, you can use normal sugar instead.